What is STS?
Special Transit Service (STS), a subsidiary of Easter Seals NH, has been a provider of quality transportation since 1980 and is committed to creating transportation solutions that open doors to independence for NH residents. STS has developed partnerships with human service and municipal agencies that benefit our community and constantly strives to coordinate and consolidate specialized transportation in the Greater Manchester area.
Easter Seals NH STS provides transportation with an operational fleet of more than 80 specially-equipped vehicles and serves over 3,000 individuals annually with 300,000 trips covering over 2 million miles. STS is certified and licensed by the NH Department of Safety, Health and Human Services, EMS, American Red Cross, National Safety Council, and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation.
Sandra Charon relies on STS to get her and her son where they need to go. Read her story here.
- Vehicle operators are professionally trained in defensive driving and passenger assistance techniques
- Operators sensitive to the needs of individuals with disabilities and the elderly
- Door-to-door individualized service available
- Passenger monitors, when required
- Cost-efficient pricing
- Lift-equipped vans and buses
- Staff receives extensive training and complies with Department of Transportation regulations, including drug screening
- Licensed to provide Medicaid approved wheelchair rehabilitation transportation
- Collaboration with school districts on behavior management issues and provides specialized training to its staff
“I don’t know what I would do without STS. It’s my lifeline to be able to go anywhere. Thank you so much.”
- STS Client
Who is Eligible?
As part of its mission, STS provides transportation for numerous programs. STS provides door-to-door transportation with passenger assistance available for the frail and isolated elderly, as well as individuals with special needs and disabilities, allowing them to gain greater independence and stay involved in their communities.
STS vehicles are available for charter by groups, individuals and other agencies and offer considerable savings in money and time. In addition to transporting over 750 special education students on a daily basis for the City of Manchester, STS customers have included:
- Southern New Hampshire Services
- Community Health Services, Derry
- Greater Derry/Greater Salem Regional Transportation Council (RTC)
- Greater Derry/Greater Salem Cooperative Alliance for Regional Transportation (CART)
- St. Joseph Community Services
- NH Bureau of Elderly & Adult Services
- NH Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- NH Division of Children, Youth and Families
- NH Division of Health & Human Services
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- Easter Seals NH Programs
- Manchester Housing Authority
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Catholic Medical Center
- Veterans Administration
- Elliot Hospital
- Granite State Independent Living Association
- Nursing Homes
- Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester
- Rockingham Nutrition Meals on Wheels
- Manchester Community Health Center
To schedule a ride or for more information, please call 603.668.8603, fax 603.624.9794 or contact us
“Your staff show superb interaction with the children...they truly perform above and beyond the call of duty.”
- STS Client